The Louise Hay guide to loving yourself. Key points
How to Love Yourself
- Stop all criticism. Criticism never changes a thing. Refuse to criticize yourself. Accept yourself exactly as you are. Everybody changes. When you criticize yourself, your changes are negative. When you approve of yourself, your changes are positive.
- Stop scaring yourself. Stop terrorizing yourself with your thoughts. It’s a dreadful way to live. Find a mental image that gives you pleasure, (mine is yellow roses) and immediately switch your scary thought to a pleasure thought.
- Be gentle and kind and patient. Be gentle with yourself. Be kind to yourself. Be patient with yourself as you learn the new ways of thinking. Treat yourself as you would someone you really love.
- Be kind to your mind. Self-hatred is only hating your own thoughts. Don’t hate yourself for having the thoughts. Gently change the thoughts.
- Praise yourself. Criticism breaks the inner spirit. Praise builds it up. Praise yourself as much as you can. Tell yourself how well you are doing with every little thing.
- Support yourself. Find ways to support yourself. Reach out to friends and allow them to help you. It is being strong to ask for help when you need it.
- Be loving to your negatives. Acknowledge that you created them to fulfil a need. Now you are finding new, positive ways to fulfil those needs. So, lovingly release the old negative patterns.
- Take care of your body. Learn about nutrition. What kind of fuel does your body need to have optimum energy and vitality? Learn about exercise. What kind of exercise can you enjoy? Cherish and revere the temple you live in.
- Mirror work. Look into your own eyes often. Express this growing sense of love you have for yourself. Forgive yourself looking into the mirror. Talk to your parents looking into the mirror. Forgive them, too. At least once a day look into the mirror and say: “I love you, I really love you!”.
- LOVE YOURSELF – DO IT NOW! Don’t wait until you get well or lose the weight, or get the new job, or the new relationship.
- BEGIN NOW – Do the best you can.
Want more help with the loving yourself part?
Whilst the essence of loving yourself is above just reading it does not bring results and interestingly the things that we really need to do we tend to resist doing. If you want to do more practical techniques to bypass your resistance then attend a Life Healing Workshop or have a personal session. Alternatively, if you are too far away or cannot make it for some reason then use Healing Inside Out Book which comes complete with the Release and Heal CD to do the practical techniques that clear your sub-conscious. You can also add in a skype session whilst working with the book and CD.