It’s summer and time to enjoy all those extra hours of daylight. I particularly love seeing people just strolling along in the evenings, families out and about, diners sitting outside restaurants and even my washing drying so quickly on the line. Is summer a good time for you?
Here’s something to consider.
When you go on holiday you plan it, where to go, what to do, what to pack and so on. Without that preparation it would not happen. In the same way with a bit of thought and a little bit of planning you can have a glorious summer even if you are working through it. Knowing what makes you happy is a great start.
Are there 3 things you could do that would make this your best Summer ever?
- Get your journal/notebook out and allow yourself 5-10 minutes of quiet time to write.
- Write down 3 things (or more) that would make this your best summer ever.
- If you get stuck, think back to your childhood or a summer when you had a great time – what were you doing – or not doing?
- If your life is busy or your feeling broke with not many options right now, find small things you CAN do for you (e.g taking a walk after dinner; a picnic with friends/family or just you loving the outdoors with scrummy food that you love; reading a new book in the shade, listening to music or meditating).
- Your best summer ever may be about what you DON’T do as well. Maybe you need to say “NO” to something or someone and “YES” to yourself for a change.