How to make your Passion Work for You
- Set aside two hours or more if you have it, get paper/notebook and pen
- Make sure you are not going to be disturbed
- Go out for a walk if you feel you will be distracted.
- Review the past year as objectively as possible, the highs, the lows
- Stand back and observe what has been going on in your life
- Notice any recurring patterns i.e. difficulties in work, poor health at certain times, relationship problems
- Now decide how you want your life to be
- Are there things about your life that you love?
- What are you ready to let go of? (poor health, abusive relationships etc.)
- Picture your life as you now want it to be, write this down and then convert it into positive affirmations.
Positive affirmations are one very practical way to change negative thought patterns that may be holding you back in some way.They are always positive, in the present tense and personal. So for instance if I wished to experience better relationships I would state that “all my relationships are loving and harmonious”; for a more enjoyable work experience “I now have wonderful new opportunities to work with all my creative talents and abilities in a good environment with people I like and who like me”.